Sunday, January 23, 2011

Farm Girl

1. She is telling us that she is different but in the end it was okay because she got a lot more out of it then her peers. People might see it differently if they worked on the farm with her comparatively to people who do not work on the farm.
2. I think the audience is her parents. The quote “Though I hated it growing up, working on the farm has taught me many lessons about life, and it has shaped me into the individual I am today” sends her parents a message saying thank you. Even though she might have hated it when she was younger, she wants to tell her parents that in the end she is more thankful for what they taught her.
3. She shows her credibility such as when she says “In school people come up to me and ask how I manage my time so well, without getting stressed out.” She is not the only one who realizes how the farm work has helped her develop as a person.
4. Her responsibility to the audience is to show how hard work really pays off. Her responsibility to her family is showing how the hard work helped her shape herself as an individual. She fulfilled those responsibilities but her time management skills.
5. People can relate to this story from all different backgrounds because of the common ground of work. Many people struggle to keep the balance of having jobs, social lives, clubs, sports, and chores. The balancing struggle and acquiring time management is how people can relate to the Midwestern farm girl.
6. Yes I can relate to her because I was always involved in many activities in high school that I had to balance out. When she started talking about everything she got involved with at school that is when it reminded me of everything I was a part of such as student council, soccer, swimming, Humanities club, Stand club, Youth group, Anchor club, and my social life. Having all of these activities plus school work to attend to, being organized was the only way to enjoy them.
7. I think it not only shows that being different is okay but it shows that if you do have the time us it wisely because some people do not have the opportunities that you have.
8. I really like the first paragraph when she starts off with the alarm and goes into how heavy her eyes are. It really shows how her mornings were on the farm.
9. She only uses the dialogue when needed so it is not just going back and forth all the time. When she goes out to the barn she tells about everyone’s different jobs and how they must work together. One person cannot get all the work done on the farm by themselves.
10. They show that they learned a lesson that they realized over a period of time about their life when they were younger. The lesson that they learned is very relatable even if you have not been in the same situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment